The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is among the world’s leading nonprofit humanitarian relief and development organizations. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC’s mission is to assist those whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control over their lives. The organization has been at the forefront of virtually every major humanitarian initiative for the last 80 years. At work today in over 40 countries and 29 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Borno | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Borno
- Job Alerts: To receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Requisition ID: req17354
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The IT Department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
- An integral component of this effort is ensuring that Country Programs have the capacity to implement and support these IT initiatives effectively across the country offices and in the field sites.
- Reporting to the IT Officer the IT Assistant will support the IT Officer in providing desktop support services to end users, ensure all printers and photocopiers and in good working condition and monitor the office Network infrastructure. This also includes computers and end users’ applications installations, mobile devices configurations, installation and configuration of network printers and other computers peripherals and all aspects local domain Active Directory management.
- A key aspect of this role is working closely with the IT Officer and Country IT Team to ensure all technology implementations are met.
- Position Holder will be based in Maiduguri while supporting the deep field locations in Gwoza. Monguno and Bama.
- The IT Assistant will be primarily responsible with providing support for our internal users on the use of their desktops, laptops, and printers. Through our ticketing system, by direct contact and the telephone. They will provide users with solutions to questions and issues with their computer hardware and software.
- Level I Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 10 support, Microsoft Office 365 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting.
- Enterprise Ticket Management – Work inside our enterprise ticketing system, Service-Now, to provide timely and transparent customer support of all requests
- Hardware Inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software
- Preventative Maintenance – Technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance “blackout windows”
- Various Projects – Position will need to assist on various IT projects as needed
Key Working Relationships
- Position reports to: IT Officer
- Position directly supervises: no staff.
- Indirectly Reports to: IT Manager
- Other internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Nill
- External: Vendors
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering / Science and or equivalent
Technical Skills & Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in IT,
- Experience working with the following software: Windows 10 Professional, MS Office 365, Sophos Anti-Virus, Routers, LAN, WAN, VSAT
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff members in cross cultural contexts.
- Good verbal communication and report-writing skills with the ability to convey information effectively in Country official language – English would be nice to have as an additional working language.
- Customer & client centered and service-oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work under pressure and diligently carry out instructions.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Certificates or Licenses: ITIL or similar certifications preferred.
- Excellent English and other major Country languages communication skills including speaking, listening, and writing. Knowledge of Hausa will be an added advantage.
Standards of Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability, in accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “IT Assistant at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)” should click the link below.