Julius Berger Nigeria Plc (Julius Berger) is a leading construction company offering integrated solutions and related services. Julius Berger specializes in executing complex works that require the highest level of technical expertise and Nigeria-specific know how.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Our success largely depends on the passion, precision and competence of our employees from. Become part of our team and help us in the realization of innovative and pioneering engineering projects. Experienced professionals and young professionals, we offer opportunities in technical and commercial fields. Take the chance and apply online with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Laboratory Manager for Road Building Laboratory (M / F / X)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
- Job Alerts: To receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
- Then we are looking to recruit you as a full-time Laboratory Manager for Road Building Laboratory (m/f/x) for the major “Abuja Kano Road” Project in Nigeria.
- A four-lane motorway between the capital city of Abuja and the northern metropolis of Kano, measuring around 380 kilometres in length is to be refurbished with large sections being newly constructed.
- The project also comprises almost 700 drainage and around 50 bridge structures, which must be strengthened and included in the overall concept. Our experts will be taking a genuine innovation to Nigerian road building in the form of the cold bitumen mixing process as this sustainable method protects resources and significantly reduces emissions.
What Duties Will You Have?
- Management of the project laboratory
- Quality control, preparation of initial tests and providing building material advice to site managers
- Organisation and monitoring of asphalt and concrete mixing systems and of quarries and “borrow pits”
- Team management of international and local personnel
- Responsibility for laboratory equipment, maintenance and calibration of equipment (quality assurance to ISO 9001:2015)
- Selection and review of external building materials suppliers
- Improvement of building materials
- Monitoring the site during asphalting, earthworks and concreting work as well as during bitumen stabilisation
What Skills Must You Have?
- Degree in Building Engineering (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, Diploma or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) or full training as a technician
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position (ideally with overseas experience) with management responsibility
- Technical competence and expertise (earthworks and road building, construction engineering) and in-depth concrete technology and asphalt technology expertise
- Good knowledge of international regulations (EN, DIN, BS, AASHTO, ASTM)
- Well-versed English skills (written and oral)
- Teamwork, flexibility
What Can We Offer You?
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Laboratory Manager – Road Building Laboratory (M / F / X) at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc” should click the link below.